Creating an ICC Output Profile
These are the main steps to creating an ICC Output Profile:
- Profile setup - Determine general properties of the ICC Profile.
- Ink Limit - Determine the ink limit for each color of ink.
- Ink Split - Determine the ink split for light and dark inks.
- Linearization - Determine what the output levels of each color need to be in order to produce a linear density curve of ink coverage at levels ranging from 0 to 100% coverage.
- Multi-Ink Limit - Determine the ink limit for combinations of multiple inks.
- Gray balance - Determines the output levels of each color needed in order to produce a neutral gray for color and grayscale images.
- Characterization - Determine the color characteristics of the printer.
- ICC Generation - Measure the color gamut of the output device and generate an ICC profile.
You can click the Save button at any time to save the current profile and then come back to it at a later time.