Finding and Replacing
Your software includes a standard dialog box for locating and replacing text.
- From the Text menu, select Find/Replace.
(Or press F3 on the keyboard.)
The Find and Replace dialog box appears.
- Enter the text that you want to find in the Find what field.
- Click Format to specify a format to search for. The Find Format Setting dialog box allows you to locate text by Font, Style, and Size.
- To find a string of characters that may be part of a longer word, turn off Match whole word only.
- To distinguish between uppercase and lowercase characters, select Match case.
- To search within a specific part of the text, select the text and choose Selection only.
- If desired, enter replacement text. You can specify the format of the replacement text by clicking Format.
- Once the text is found, you can:
- Click Find Next to locate the next occurrence of the text.
- Click Replace to replace the current occurrence of the specified text.
- Click Replace All to replace all occurrences of the specified text.
- When finished, click Done.