The ink limit is the amount of ink a particular type of media is capable of absorbing. Ink limits will vary depending on the selected printer resolution. Higher resolutions dispense more ink, and therefore have more trouble with ink absorption.
To determine the ink limit of your printer using the current setup:
- Click the Print Ink Limit Test button.
- Examine the test print for over-saturation. See Checking for Over-saturation for more information.
- If the test print is not satisfactory, adjust the Ink Limits for the color channels in use by editing the Ink Limit values.
- Click the Print Ink Limit Verification button to print a test with the new Ink Limit values applied.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until a satisfactory set of ink limits has been determined.
- Click Next.